The Halti Optifit is the new generation of walking headcollar guaranteed to stop a dog pulling.
Its design works by gently directing the dogs head & allowing the walker to steer the dog into the desired position whilst on your walk. This new design allows the perfect fit for your dog’s face, from short snouted boxers to long nosed greyhounds.
It provides supreme comfort for your dog whilst walking as it has a cushioned nose strap. The high visibility reflective cheek straps are flexible & allow you to adjust them to fit your dog’s face shape – as we know all wet nose dogs are different & unique. The sliding camlock also allows a more customised fit for your dog no matter what size and age.
A good tip for starting with this headcollar is to also purchase the Halti Training lead for helping with steering and control.
Why we Love It
- The Optifit Headcollar is a great start to resolve dog pulling & in time allows you to progress to other ways of loose lead walking
- The cushioned padded nose strap provides ultimate comfort, together with the flexible cheek straps & adjustable head strap makes a great hugging fit
- It has high visibility reflective side strips
- Very easy to find the best size to fit your dog
- Starting & correcting the pulling allows you to move onto other walking products at a later stage
- Use with a training lead & lots of treats to reward the improved behaviour
- Training DVD supplied
- Halti have spent 35 years in developing innovative training aids
Fitting Tips from our experience
Take time to accustoming your dog to their new headcollar, so that they have a good association with it.
Place the noseband flat in your hand feeding your dog treats, then gently slide the collar over the nose. When used to it then secure the neck strap. To ensure they cannot pull the nose band back over their nose slide the camlock towards the chin and lock Make sure it is not too high so the dog can eat or pant.
When you start your walking use lots of encouragement and reward with treats.
Never leave the headcollar on an unsupervised dog as they may chew it.
Available in 3 sizes
- Small 30-39 cm – Best for Jack Russell & Border Terrier size dogs
- Medium 38-51 cm – Best for Labrador, Boxer or Doberman size dogs
- Large 48-68 cm – Best for Rottweiler, Nefounland & Great Dane size dogs
Sizing is very straight forward by measuring with a tape measure snug around the top of the dog’s neck behind the ears.